What is the average length of stay in memory care? Typically, the length of stay will last two to three years for an individual in either memory care or assisted living. The length of stay, though, will be contingent on the factors listed below.
Typical Length Memory Care Stay
Putting your finger on an exact timeline for a memory care stay can prove difficult. Some residents may stay in memory care for several years, while others may only stay for a matter of weeks or months. Of course, the same is true for assisted living residents, but the average stay remains between 2-3 years long.
If, for example, an individual receives some sort of at-home care before entering into assisted or memory care services, this timeline can drop dramatically. At this point, a memory care stay could last less than one year.
Memory Care Stay Factors
The length of one’s stay in memory care can depend on the following factors:
- Family Support
- Type Of Impairment
When To Move To Memory Care
These are three signs that your loved one may need the attention provided at a memory care unit:
Physical Health Decline
Physical changes are some of the most obvious indicators of dementia or Alzheimer’s. At this time, the individual could become thin and/or frail. If the individual becomes forgetful about taking medications, physical conditions can worsen quickly.
Changes In Behavior
Loved ones suffering from dementia, specifically, may begin acting unusually. Some behaviors can be jarring, with others barely noticeable. Motor skills and behaviors should be monitored at this point. Anyone suffering from dementia can become easily agitated, anxious and confused.
Unfortunately, dementia can cause confusion and overall disorientation. Individuals can become lost and confused, even in familiar settings.
Canyon Winds Retirement Offers Memory Care In Mesa, Arizona
Canyon Winds Retirement is an assisted living facility in Mesa, Arizona. To schedule a tour of our assisted living facility, contact SLS Communities or for more information please call us today at 480-948-0600.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Best Core Exercises For Seniors
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- Independent Senior Living Near Me
- Things To Do In Mesa AZ For Seniors
- If An Employer Does Not Offer A Retirement Plan…
- Memory Care Facilities Near Me In Arizona
- Home Safety Checklist For Seniors
- Games For Seniors
- Assisted Living Facilities Near Me
- Retirement Party Ideas For Coworker
- Covid-19 Vaccine: What Seniors Need To Know
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- 5 Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Top 5 Best Part Time Jobs For Seniors At Home
- How To Retire Early At 45 – Steps To Retirement
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- Assisted Living Vs Memory Care
- Assisted Living Pros and Cons | Advantages & Disadvantages
- How To Pay For Assisted Living With Medicare
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in Arizona?
- Retirement Wishes For A Boss
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Mesa, Arizona?
- Independent Living Cost Arizona
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- What is Memory Care?
- Benefits of Assisted Living
- Benefits of Independent Living
- Moving from Assisted Living to a Memory Care Facility
- Outdoor Activities For Seniors
- What Is Independent Living?
- What is Assisted Living?
- Retirement, Quotes, Sayings and Wishes
- How To Find A Retirement Community In Mesa, Arizona