When Is It Time For Assisted Living?
When is it time to seriously consider assisted living care for your loved one? Let’s look at a few signs below!
Signs That It Might Be Time For Assisted Living
It may be time to consider some alternative care options whenever loved ones or caregivers can no longer care for an individual’s every need. One alternative care step is considering an assisted living community. Knowing the best time to make this transition is important, so keep an eye out for the following signs that assisted living care is necessary.
Sign 1. Behavior Changes
Individuals suffering from dementia will start to act differently over time. Some behaviors may go unnoticed at first, while other actions may be jarring. Changes in behavior, motor skills and desire to stay isolated, should be monitored. Anyone dealing with dementia can quickly become confused, agitated and anxious.
Sign 2. Increased Needs
Elderly citizens will typically require some help performing daily tasks. Things like reaching for far away items or moving boxes are not suitable for the elderly. When more assistance than normal is needed or you simply feel the senior is unsafe alone, it may be time to consider assisted living care.
Sign 3. Declining Physical Health
Declining physical health can offer some of the most obvious signs that more care is needed. Individuals suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s will start to appear frail or thin. If the individual becomes forgetful about taking medications, then physical conditions can quickly worsen.
Sign 4.Unsafe Alone
Dementia causes confusion, which can lead to unfortunate accidents in and around the home. This can include things, such as leaving the oven on or misplacing important items. Consistently forgetting to take medications is one of the most common reasons why assisted living care is chosen.
Sign 5. Caregiver Fatigue
Caregiver fatigue is an all-too-common scenario for loved ones and caregivers, alike. The level of commitment and care needed to take care of a senior can become overwhelming and cause burnout. When you are no longer able to provide for every need, it’s time look at other care options.
Canyon Winds Retirement Offers Memory Care In Mesa, Arizona
Canyon Winds Retirement is an assisted living facility in Mesa, Arizona. To schedule a tour of our assisted living facility, contact SLS Communities or for more information please call us today at 480-405-1129.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Best Core Exercises For Seniors
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- Independent Senior Living Near Me
- Things To Do In Mesa AZ For Seniors
- If An Employer Does Not Offer A Retirement Plan…
- Memory Care Facilities Near Me In Arizona
- Home Safety Checklist For Seniors
- Games For Seniors
- Assisted Living Facilities Near Me
- Retirement Party Ideas For Coworker
- Covid-19 Vaccine: What Seniors Need To Know
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- 5 Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Top 5 Best Part Time Jobs For Seniors At Home
- How To Retire Early At 45 – Steps To Retirement
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- Assisted Living Vs Memory Care
- Assisted Living Pros and Cons | Advantages & Disadvantages
- How To Pay For Assisted Living With Medicare
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in Arizona?
- Retirement Wishes For A Boss
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Mesa, Arizona?
- Independent Living Cost Arizona
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- What is Memory Care?
- Benefits of Assisted Living
- Benefits of Independent Living
- Moving from Assisted Living to a Memory Care Facility
- Outdoor Activities For Seniors
- What Is Independent Living?
- What is Assisted Living?
- Retirement, Quotes, Sayings and Wishes
- How To Find A Retirement Community In Mesa, Arizona
One thought on “When Is It Time For Assisted Living?”