Daily core exercises can help seniors improve stamina, posture and balance. Check out five of the best core exercises for today’s seniors.
- Stand straight with your feet width-length apart.
- Keep your back up straight.
- Stretch your arms out while bending your knees.
- Hold onto a chair just for balance.
- Bend your knees and get your calves/thighs to a make a 90-degree angle.
- Do these squats in sets of 5-15.
2. Leg Lifts
- Lie down, keeping your back flat on the floor.
- Use a yoga mat for extra comfort.
- Raise one leg at a time, approximately 5-6 inches off the ground.
- As you lift the leg, contract your abdominal muscles.
- Hold this pose for up to 5 seconds.
- Repeat this motion with the opposite leg.
- Lie on your stomach.
- Press your forearms against the floor.
- Keep your back straight throughout the pose.
- Squeeze your glutes, quads and abdominal muscles to push yourself off the floor.
- Resist from sagging your shoulder blades forward.
- Hold the pose for 10-20 seconds.
- Return back to starting position.
- While lying face-down on the floor, stretch your arms out in front of you.
- Pull your belly button inward and your back towards the floor.
- Raise your right leg.
- Your shin should now be parallel to the floor.
- Do this motion while keeping your knee bent the entire time.
- Return your right foot back to the floor.
- Do the same motion with your left leg.
5. Knee Lifts
- Sit with your back straight.
- Keep your feet planted on the floor.
- Have your knees a few inches apart.
- Raise one foot.
- Make sure your knees come straight up.
- Raise your foot 3 inches off the ground, at minimum.
- Repeat the motion with each foot.
- Do this 5-15 times each.
Canyon Winds Retirement Offers Assisted Living in Mesa, Arizona
Canyon Winds Retirement is an assisted living facility in Mesa, Arizona. To schedule a tour of our assisted living facility, contact SLS Communities or for more information please call us today at 480-405-1129.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Things To Do In Mesa AZ For Seniors
- If An Employer Does Not Offer A Retirement Plan…
- Memory Care Facilities Near Me In Arizona
- Home Safety Checklist For Seniors
- Games For Seniors
- Assisted Living Facilities Near Me
- Retirement Party Ideas For Coworker
- Covid-19 Vaccine: What Seniors Need To Know
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- 5 Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Top 5 Best Part Time Jobs For Seniors At Home
- How To Retire Early At 45 – Steps To Retirement
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- Assisted Living Vs Memory Care
- Assisted Living Pros and Cons | Advantages & Disadvantages
- How To Pay For Assisted Living With Medicare
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in Arizona?
- Retirement Wishes For A Boss
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Mesa, Arizona?
- Independent Living Cost Arizona
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- What is Memory Care?
- Benefits of Assisted Living
- Benefits of Independent Living
- Moving from Assisted Living to a Memory Care Facility
- Outdoor Activities For Seniors
- What Is Independent Living?
- What is Assisted Living?
- Retirement, Quotes, Sayings and Wishes
- How To Find A Retirement Community In Mesa, Arizona