If you are looking for things to do in Mesa, AZ, this is a list of eight great activities for seniors.
Fun Things To Do In Mesa AZ For Seniors
Here are eight things every active senior living in Mesa needs to do:
- Go To A Baseball Game
- Shop At The Superstition Springs Center
- Visit Mesa Grande
- Commemorative Air Force Museum
- Take A Walk At Riverview Park
- Check Out Mesa Arts Center
- Visit East Valley Antiques
- Go To The i.d.e.a. Museum
Go To A Baseball Game
If you love sports, and especially baseball, Mesa is a great place to be! The valley happens to be home of the Cactus League, which houses half the teams in Major League Baseball for spring training. Mesa is home to both Hohokam Stadium and Sloan Park, where you’ll be able to watch the Oakland Athletics and Chicago Cubs, respectively. Tempe’s Diablo Stadium is where you’ll find the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Your spring will be packed full of baseball fun courtesy of the Cactus League. Looking for regular season action? You can catch the Arizona Diamondbacks all season long in downtown Phoenix!
Read more about the Cactus league here.
Shop At The Superstition Springs Center
You can’t find a better way to beat the Arizona summer heat than by checking out the superstition springs center. This comfortable indoor mall is the perfect spot to shop and browse through department stores. National chains as well as local favorites line the mall. You’ll also be able to grab a bite to eat, with plenty of dinning options available to patrons.
Find details about Superstition Springs Center here.
Visit Mesa Grande
For seniors with an interest in culture and history, checking out Mesa Grande is a must. This is a chance to explore local ruins of the Hohokam civilization which dates all the way back to A.D. 1100. Water canals constructed from that era have remained preserved. Mesa Grande offers both a great lesson in history and photo opportunities.
Read all about the Mesa Grande here.
Commemorative Air Force Museum
Whether you are a veteran or not, you’ll love checking out the Commemorative Air Force Museum in Mesa. One of the area’s top-rated attractions, the museum displays the history of air force use in combat. Authentic war artifacts and exhibits are featured here. You can even climb aboard some of the rarest B-17 Bombers in the globe.
Find more information right here.
Take A Walk At Riverview Park
Mesa is known for some of the toughest, yet most rewarding hikes in all of the valley. But, when you’re at an advanced age and want some physical activity, opt for a lighter challenge. Riverview park is the place for you! This park is home to many great festivals and it is perfect for a simple morning or evening stroll. Enjoy beautiful water views throughout your walk.
See Riverview Park for yourself here.
Check Out Mesa Arts Center
Mesa Arts Center has quickly become a favorite for active seniors around the Mesa area. There, the museum offers adult classes and workshops for a variety of unique interests. If you’re looking to learn to play an instrument like the piano, guitar or mandolin, the Mesa Arts Center offers music classes. From bread making to glass bowling, there is a class/workshop for seniors of any interest.
More information about Mesa Arts Center is here.
Visit East Valley Antiques
Antiquing continues to be a popular hobby for seniors these days. At East Valley Antiques, you’ll find a great selection of vintage toys, kitchenware, glassware, shabby chic furniture and other classic collectibles. East Valley Antiques is located inside the Power Square Mall.
Check out East Valley’s inventory here.
Go To The i.d.e.a. Museum
This museum comes in handy whenever the grandkids may be here for a visit. i.d.e.a. is an interactive experience that encourages learning and creativity from the youngest generation. Spend a few hours with the loved ones and enjoy the sights and activities while you visit.
Find out more about the museum here.
Canyon Winds Retirement Offers Assisted Living in Mesa, Arizona
Canyon Winds Retirement is an assisted living facility in Mesa, Arizona. To schedule a tour of our assisted living facility, contact SLS Communities or for more information please call us today at 480-405-1129.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Memory Care Facilities Near Me In Arizona
- Home Safety Checklist For Seniors
- Games For Seniors
- Assisted Living Facilities Near Me
- Retirement Party Ideas For Coworker
- Covid-19 Vaccine: What Seniors Need To Know
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- 5 Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Top 5 Best Part Time Jobs For Seniors At Home
- How To Retire Early At 45 – Steps To Retirement
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- Assisted Living Vs Memory Care
- Assisted Living Pros and Cons | Advantages & Disadvantages
- How To Pay For Assisted Living With Medicare
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in Arizona?
- Retirement Wishes For A Boss
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Mesa, Arizona?
- Independent Living Cost Arizona
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- What is Memory Care?
- Benefits of Assisted Living
- Benefits of Independent Living
- Moving from Assisted Living to a Memory Care Facility
- Outdoor Activities For Seniors
- What Is Independent Living?
- What is Assisted Living?
- Retirement, Quotes, Sayings and Wishes
- How To Find A Retirement Community In Mesa, Arizona