Use these example questions if you are looking to move a loved one into an assisted living facility.
What Is Assisted Living?
Simply put, assisted living facilities are perfect for senior citizens with few medical issues. Of course, problems can arise in the future, but for the time being assisted living may be the best choice for the healthy senior citizens. Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease can be unfortunate and inevitable parts of life. Assisted living arrangements will provide activities and care to help stave off or limit the effects of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Most facilities will assist in basic daily functions, with senior citizens suffering from dementia generally offered extra help performing these tasks.
Assisted living arrangements can vary based on whatever the prospective resident desires. Most will offer private and/or studio apartments, with 24-hour staff available for any assistance or guidance. This is the perfect living style for those who are mostly independent but will require help with some activities. One of things residents truly enjoy about assisted living facilities is the sense of community.
Daily activities paired with large dining areas provide the perfect settings for socializing. Staying active and creating bonds with other residents is such an enriching experience for senior citizens. Transportation to and from medical appointments and social gatherings are generally provided at assisted living facilities.
Assisted Living Interview Questions
Break up your questions into these three categories:
- Administration & Costs
Questions To Ask About Assisted Living Care
Care is the most important consideration for anyone moving into an assisted living facility. You want your loved one’s needs to be taken care of at all times. Try asking these questions during any interviews:
- What services are included in the monthly agreement?
- How many residents are currently there compared to the number of staff members?
- Are services offered a la carte?
- Can my loved one transition if comprehensive care options are needed?
- How does your community distinguish itself from competitors?
Assisted Living Community Questions
Your loved one needs to feel as comfortable as possible in their new setting. Use these questions and build from there:
- How are activities chosen for the residents?
- What are the typical daily activities?
- What is the level of participation among the residents with these activities?
- How flexible are menu options?
- What is the social experience like for residents?
- Do residents spend more time in their rooms or common areas?
Questions About Administration And Costs
Make sure you know the total costs and everything that is included in the community.
- What is included in the monthly fee(s)?
- What would warrant an increase in costs?
- What are the emergency handling procedures?
More Assisted Living Interview Questions:
Canyon Winds Retirement Offers Assisted Living in Mesa, Arizona
Canyon Winds Retirement is an assisted living facility in Mesa, Arizona. To schedule a tour of our assisted living facility, contact SLS Communities or for more information please call us today at 480-405-1129.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Best Core Exercises For Seniors
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- Independent Senior Living Near Me
- Things To Do In Mesa AZ For Seniors
- If An Employer Does Not Offer A Retirement Plan…
- Memory Care Facilities Near Me In Arizona
- Home Safety Checklist For Seniors
- Games For Seniors
- Assisted Living Facilities Near Me
- Retirement Party Ideas For Coworker
- Covid-19 Vaccine: What Seniors Need To Know
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- 5 Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Top 5 Best Part Time Jobs For Seniors At Home
- How To Retire Early At 45 – Steps To Retirement
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- Assisted Living Vs Memory Care
- Assisted Living Pros and Cons | Advantages & Disadvantages
- How To Pay For Assisted Living With Medicare
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in Arizona?
- Retirement Wishes For A Boss
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Mesa, Arizona?
- Independent Living Cost Arizona
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- What is Memory Care?
- Benefits of Assisted Living
- Benefits of Independent Living
- Moving from Assisted Living to a Memory Care Facility
- Outdoor Activities For Seniors
- What Is Independent Living?
- What is Assisted Living?
- Retirement, Quotes, Sayings and Wishes
- How To Find A Retirement Community In Mesa, Arizona