Are you looking for all the types of elderly care? We’re here to detail the six levels of care for the elderly.
In-home care is sometimes appropriately referred to as “aging in place.” This level of care is intended for seniors that need help around their own home, yet still possess the mental and physical capabilities to survive on their own. In-home care generally consists of daily check-ins, administering medication and personal care.
The benefits of in-home care are obvious. Staying at home in a comfortable environment is typically how seniors prefer to age. The only downside is this care does not last very long, typically. Elderly patients receiving in-home care usually move on to independent or assisted living communities in the near future.
Independent living are residential apartments for seniors who are 55 years old or older. Senior housing will have a warm atmosphere, more compact living, and they are designed to help seniors get around easier and landscaping and/or maintenance is taken care of for them.
Typically, independent living communities offer its residents various activities and programs, other types of services as well as niceties. Independent living housing usually has a recreational center and/or clubhouse that allows seniors to socialize with other seniors. Independent living may also have community movie nights, arts and crafts, holiday turnouts, and other sorts of activities.
Assisted living arrangements can vary based on whatever the prospective resident desires. Most will offer private and/or studio apartments, with 24-hour staff available for any assistance or guidance. This is the perfect living style for those who are mostly independent but will require help with some activities. One of things residents truly enjoy about assisted living facilities is the sense of community.
Daily activities paired with large dining areas provide the perfect settings for socializing. Staying active and creating bonds with other residents is such an enriching experience for senior citizens. Transportation to and from medical appointments and social gatherings are generally provided at assisted living facilities.
Respite care is designed for seniors who may be a bit apprehensive about moving into independent or assisted living communities. Respite care is for individuals who may be in transition of care stages. This type of care could last only one month or one year, in some cases. In a lot of ways respite care is simply a test run to see how comfortable you may be at a care facility.
Memory care units are available specifically for residents in need of more supervision and assistance. Memory care, often referred to as Alzheimer’s care units or special care units, are ideal for senior citizens with mental or physical issues. Memory care units can either exist within an assisted living facility or act as a stand-alone, in some cases.
Just like assisted living arrangements, 24-hour staff will occupy the memory care units. Think of memory care units as the same as assisted living communities, just equipped with more care and medical supervision.
Nursing home senior care is the most concentrated living situation for the elderly. This type of care features more invasive caregiving than other living arrangements. This level of care is suggested for seniors who require frequent hospitalizations, with a worsening condition, overall.
Canyon Winds Retirement Offers Assisted Living in Mesa, Arizona
Canyon Winds Retirement is an assisted living facility in Mesa, Arizona. To schedule a tour of our assisted living facility, contact SLS Communities or for more information please call us today at 480-405-1129.
More Articles About Senior Living
- Best Core Exercises For Seniors
- When Might Be The Best Time To Start Saving For Retirement?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- Independent Senior Living Near Me
- Things To Do In Mesa AZ For Seniors
- If An Employer Does Not Offer A Retirement Plan…
- Memory Care Facilities Near Me In Arizona
- Home Safety Checklist For Seniors
- Games For Seniors
- Assisted Living Facilities Near Me
- Retirement Party Ideas For Coworker
- Covid-19 Vaccine: What Seniors Need To Know
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- 5 Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Top 5 Best Part Time Jobs For Seniors At Home
- How To Retire Early At 45 – Steps To Retirement
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- Assisted Living Vs Memory Care
- Assisted Living Pros and Cons | Advantages & Disadvantages
- How To Pay For Assisted Living With Medicare
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost in Arizona?
- Retirement Wishes For A Boss
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Mesa, Arizona?
- Independent Living Cost Arizona
- How Much Does Independent Living Cost?
- What is Memory Care?
- Benefits of Assisted Living
- Benefits of Independent Living
- Moving from Assisted Living to a Memory Care Facility
- Outdoor Activities For Seniors
- What Is Independent Living?
- What is Assisted Living?
- Retirement, Quotes, Sayings and Wishes
- How To Find A Retirement Community In Mesa, Arizona